I noticed you were running the midpole and tiger chute in previous posts. Do you know the length of your spin pole? I will be running the tiger chute as well (smaller of the 2). On murrays several of their poles come in 12' lengths so i assumed i needed a 12' pole. My current pole is 10' long but is a 2" pole so it is to large for the tiger snuffer. I am also not sure if i want to drill holes in my bow's. Is there a way to rig without the bow holes? You can answer via PM or answer on the spin pole thread so other users have the info.

Let me disclaim all my info with this: I am very new to the world of spinnakers. I just got my first pole/spin in feb. bag launched for a few months and then got my snuffer. So i can tell you what i know... but i can't promise i know anything!

I know for sure my pole is 12' long. i am pretty sure its 2" dia... but could be 1.5. i didnt get a chance to check at lunch.

Just because the hobie tiger f-18 uses a 12' pole doesnt mean its the right size for you... (i think)

I am currently flying a Tornado Spin…. And I am having a WORLD of troubles snuffing it… I have a few more changes to try… but about ready to burn it and go back to an F-18 (even though other mystere 5.5’s around me fly a Tornado spin)

AS far as “drilling holes in your bow’s”… I think you MUST have a bridal for the spin pole and at the tip of your bows is where you will have the most vertical angle. I THINK if you tried to tied to the jib bridal your angle would be horizontal and you run the risk of your pole inverting under strain… That could be VERY bad….

You should drill the holes at the TOP of your bow’s… not the bottom (just teasing)… but you should talk to people with knowledge in the proper way to drill/seal as you don’t want just open glass / hulls (mine came ready for a spin)

Last edited by andrewscott; 08/06/08 06:23 PM.