Comparing the comments made during the Star medal race was a treat....he actually got into the tactics and focused on the teams experience levels during the Star race...didn't seem to know what was going on with the T's or team histories.

Gotta love him for "Don't Stars just look beautiful" comment! All I could think of was don't they look like outdated tubs plowing along.

I was at a Sailing Youth Clinic in the early 90’s with roughly 20 other sailors (under 20 yrs) who were sailing in Olympic classes or just sponsored into the classes by the national class authority. Gary was the key speaker.

He went around the room and the sailors indicated which Olympic Class they participated in, he then indicated possible coaches, contacts to reach out to, and top equipment manufacturers in the US.

When I indicated that I sailed tornados his response was “Oh – they had some big crashes at the last games (1988)”. Really – that was all he had.

Not trying to bash Gary but it appeared that little has changed from the 1990’s in his eyes. Sad when he is considered the expert to comment on the video - he could have at least put the effort forward to know who was who and who was on form for ALL the classes - That is not to much to ask in exchange for a paycheck from NBC. Hell all he had to do was open any of the UK sailing mags or read the Daily Sail...

F18 USA 1273
Andrews 77 (SOLD) Melges 32 (SOLD) Formula18 Olympic 49er (FOR SALE)
Always outnumbered - Never outgunned....