Had a good long chat with Greg Goodall who was gracious enough to give up his time to discuss every aspect of putting a spinnaker on my mossie, he gave me quite alot of info from his personal experience, even went into a few of his racing tactics with spinnakers.

The spinnaker is a little bigger than the Irwin one, with a size of around 15m2 as apposed to the 14.2m2 on the Irwin spinnaker, i actually discussed this with him and from what he said, in his experience reducing the size of the spinnaker to 14.2m wouldnt allow it to sail tighter to the apparent wind as is the theory and reasoning behind the smaller Irwin sail. From his memory the dimension and composition of the spinnaker he does are as follows:
Material: chs 0.75oz nylon
Luff: 6750
Foot: 3350
Leech: 6200
Head: 50
Area: approx. 15m2

However he said he was going to look into it more for me and talk to several people about making sure his dimmensions were up to date and provided the best performance based on the spinnaker size restrictions etc.

Also, he said the spinnaker should probably only need two patches for the retreval line, is there more benifit to having 3 patches (which im under the impression the irwin spinnaker has).

In the end, the cost of the spinnaker came to about $780.

Contacted quite a few local sail makers, however their prices started at $900, and none of them had done a mossie kite before.

Discussed with Greg also about the Ratchet Blocks for the spinnaker sheet and he recommended the newer Ronstant Orbit Ratchet Blocks over the older Smart Ratchet Blocks.

Cant wait to get the spinnaker in a few weeks time grin
Guess ill need to go visit the local Chandler now wink