I raced at humpybong last weekend and when i told them i was planning on putting a spinnaker on my wooden mossie they all gave me worried looks and recommended against it after what happened with ur mossie nick, but from what i understand from reading on here you broken your hull on the upwind leg, what do you think was the actual cause? Also i know theres a thread on timber mossies with spinnakers, but is there anything other than using a higher bridle to reduce the risk of damaging/breaking hulls while running a kite? Is there anyway to re-enforce the hulls? Are timber boats built for sloop rigged generally better able to handle loads for a kite compared to boats built solely for cat rigged? and if so why is that?

Also i believe my boat was built by Ben Cutmore, Ben if this is the case, whats your oppinion on the structural construction of my boat in regards to handling a kite, from what i understand putting a kite on it was always your intention as im sure ive read somewhere, and from what danny (the previous owner) told me, it was you who drilled the holes for the kite pole stays in the front of the bows (thanks for that as well, saved me having to do it).