But is the Viper F16 or F104? Both classes can claim the design.

Well, I don't know really.

Do you think the fact that AHPC themselves call it a "F16 Viper" on their webpage and show it with "F16" lettering in the sails be a hint ?

http://www.ahpc.com.au/Models/B_Viper.htm

I'm just a dumb European, so could you please explain the following AHPC write-up to me ?

Outstanding success from the F-18 circles drew huge demand from the wanting F-16 community. With ever-growing world acclaim, AHPC were persuaded to speed up their production plans for a full-blown F-16, meeting the requirements of lighter crew weights between 120 kg and 150 kg in an equally demanding ‘limited development’ class. Versatility is a key advantage for this model, sailing one up on trapeze with kite or two up on trapeze with kite, under the same yardstick.

The latest design technology has been employed in the development of the Viper. The hulls and foils have been developed using Catia software so that the plugs and moulds can be accurately CNC machined. This gives a production boat of unequalled quality and accuracy of shape.

All eyes are clearly focused on the Viper F-16 as this model has the potential to match or even exceed the growth of its big brother (F-18). The Viper is the latest creation drawn on 30 years of racing and development experience at World class level and won’t disappoint. Reputation alone produced fully committed sales well before the prototypes were even sailed

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 11/04/08 06:00 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands