Originally Posted by brucat

"A boat or competitor shall give all possible help to any person or vessel in danger."

Mike and Mark,
If you guys want to brain f#%* this to death like the rest of your rules threads, how about defining "in danger" is it 1)a dismasted boat off of cape canaveral,2) a flipped cat with 2 people swimming around it, on a 1/4 mile W/L course in a river or 3) 3 drunk fat bastards on a Hobie 16 in a lake. All those people are in danger, they were in danger when they left their house and got on a boat, the only one I'd be concerned about is #1(been there),Id keep an eye on # 2 and I'd stay faraway from #3. This was what I was talking about in my post. If there is a safety(I never said mark boat,Mark)boat on scene with a flipped boat I'm not going to jump in the way and render assistance.
So you 2 have at it define "in danger" and be careful what you say or you might lose your sailing priveleges 'cause it's just too dangerous.
Todd

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White