All of which supports my point that you can't take a racing organization that puts on regatta events and have it serve both the racer and the recreational sailor. (A nice party is not going to keep the racers coming back unless they get what they want which is good racing)

Look I don't get involved in these kinds of arguments.. but this statement is FALSE. FALSE FALSE FALSE. wait.. wait.. FALSE.
Not a single person in the region I sail in has ever displayed an attitude so bleak as what you describe. NEVER have I heard a participant, in ANY regatta, whether placing first or last, leave with a bitter attitude towards the event.

It IS, dammit, the party, the sportsmanship, the relationship and friendship built amongst sailors of ALL skill levels at these events that bring people back... and this interconnection, my friend, is NOT built on the water, but rather on dry ground. So please feel free to retract your quoted statement. I do not want to argue with anyone, but if you disagree then by all means have at it; just know that you are wrong!

Last edited by BLR_0719; 03/07/09 04:40 AM.