Originally Posted by KevinRejda
Amen, I overheard some 20 guys saying "so much for the 18's, our race is the 20's". That doesn't mean they were OK with the 18's beating them, only that they saw the advantage the 18's had in this year's conditions. I'm sure the 18 guys were jazzed to be competitive with the 20's. I do not see a problem with 2 fleets, as long as the numbers are there.

I call bull ****..

You want to tell me that Mischa was only worried about Carrie and TCDYC and did not care to beat, Steve Lohmeyer the winner of several previous races on a N20.... Bull... I don't believe it.

Every racer knows who the competition is... Sailors are racing against their peers.. They are racing those top flight guys... no matter what flavor of boat they are on. This is human nature and it operates right on down the pecking order.

If someone was first to the beach on a N20... Do you really believe They ignored the time the first F18 finished... BS!

Find me somebody who let a boat pass them because they were in the other class... I simply don't believe it.

It is quite normal to have several games in play out there... hell... todd and tad were betting rum.

I think the race was scored properly using SCHRS and then in one design fleets. I would also sort the finishes by elapsed time and publish that result as well. EVERYBODY can find the race that matters to them.

Anything else is just spin ...

crac.sailregattas.com