My interest would be in adding color to the overall event. I've no interest in trying to compete with anyone in open water. Karl's comment about how gorgeous the water is peeked my interest and I'm sure he was refering to the 1st leg.

Well, by means go for it (or have someone else) do it. In medium conditions it will fine. It is the rough stuff that will wear you out. However, if anyone has the physique and more importantly the mental stamina for that, then the (newest) F16 boats will be about as good as the F18's. I refer to the newest boats as the first generation F16's did lack some dive resistance in rough conditions by comparison. The VIper, Aussie Blade and the new Falcon has solved that together with the first generation of Stealths (T-foils).

And Matt, if anybody can do it on a F16 then you'll by at the top of that list. You handled the conditions at the GC2007 and the subsequent NAM-REM race quite admirably. I envison a normal to bad Tybee 500 to be about 20 times the length of the NAM-REM race we had that year.

But I propose to get back to the topic as this isn't really about F16's.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 05/19/09 08:55 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands