Originally Posted by mbounds

One of the reasons I don't sail in the Area E AC qualifier is becuase it's 100% Portsmouth. The F17's dominate CRAM. The F17 has such a sweetheart rating, the only way I could qualify is either on that boat or my H-14 (which also has a sweetheart rating). Both are singlehanded boats - and a singlehanded boat has never been used in the Alter Cup.

The format of the qualifiers needs to change to doublehanded, OD class. Should be something similar to the class being sailed in the finals, but it doesn't have to be.

Before anybody whines and cries, this is the way all the other ladder events are conducted (for the other US Sailing Championships).

There is a strong doublehanded OD catamaran class out there, but the "spinnaker snobs" don't want anything to do with it. You're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Does it really matter what platform you're racing on as long as they're all alike?

Matt

I believe that you can also qualify by winning a nationals like H16 which is OD. I think each manufacture can send a team to represent the class they want. You can also send in a petition to get in. If you want to go there is a way with out winning your area event.