Harry,

Thanks for all the great info. I crewed on my brother-in-law's P19 in the early 90's all over northern California, including a few races in San Francisco Bay. I also owned and raced a TheMightyHobie18 and H16 before that. Although my time at the helm of P19 is limited, I remember now the sensation you have described. Scary at that speed! I want home and checked the front crossbar and all appears fine. I don't think this boat ws ssailed too hard. The bottoms look great for the age as well as other items. Teh bows also look and feel straight ahead of the crossbar. I couldn't find the post about the crossbar reinforcement after looking through your past posts and searching, but I am new here and may not be searching it correctly.

Also, as you can see form early in this thread, my boat is also a '86 as indicated by the last two numbers in the hull number like yours. I have been told the last two numbers in all hull numbers (powerboats and sail) indicate the year built. Yet your sail numberis 86. My bother-in-law's was an 85 and his sail number was 71. Who knows?

Please send my a clue on how to find the post on reinforcing the crossbar and I could really use the tuning guide with mast rake, rudder rake and diamond wire numbers.

Thanks,

Derrick