Originally Posted by Seeker
It’s nothing but another tax in disguise. Any time I have ever had anything stolen the cops just shrugged there shoulders and told me that was what insurance was for. They always have a shell of a reason to justify getting in your pocket.

Not to step on anyone’s toes, but a lot of this type of crap is brought to Florida with the transplants…some of our northern friends are use to paying something for every little thing they do …they move down here, get involved in local politics and when there is need for more government funds they have a whole list from “back home” of ways to add to the coffers.

Did you hear the new law that locals have to have a fishing license now for salt water even if you are fishing from land? Unless you are public assistance, active military (the military deserve every break they get), or over 65. Middle class takes another hit. It never stops. It's just not the same Florida any more.

Their excuse for the fishing from land license is the federal gov. is going to charge a fee to fish that would be around 25.00 bucks in states that don't have licensing in place. I looked but I couldn't tell if I can fish from my own dock without being licensed. The state makes it sound like they are doing us a favor by charging us the 9. Thing is, who would enforce the federal law? The Coast Guard, Border Patrol, or HomeLand Security? No one. Remember when they tried to force us to buy a federal registration sticker. The cost of the sticker was based on the length of your boat. That didn't last long once people started complaining. When you consider what the taxes are on a house on the water here in Florida, it's insulting to think I need a 9 dollar license to fish off my dock. It's an Obamanation!

Last edited by catman; 09/20/09 06:17 PM.

Have Fun