Originally Posted by brucat

Since we're talking about opinions regarding organizational behavior, here are a few of mine...

It's unfortunate that the IWCA racers chose to stay home from the Mega. I think it would have sent a FAR better message if they went to AZ anyway.

To me, staying home just says, "If I can't have it my way all the time, I'm not playing." That is very a pre-adolescent attitude, and is very hurtful in the long run. You'd get a lot more respect if you showed up and demonstrated through your actions that you're serious about making it work in the future. To me, that's not "giving in," it's making an effort to help the thing evolve.

Mike

I don't really think there were many of the East Coasters who were planning to go in the first place other than Rick. Its not like 10 or 20 ICWA sailors bailed because the rules changed.

In reality it was a West Coast event. I know there were a few trailers from the Heatland, but how many other classes had much support from outside the West?

The weather was easily predictable. The venue had loads of Hobie sentimental history but not much sailing appeal.

My bet is that if had ICWA rules prevailed, there probably would have been 10 Waves rather than 7.

Jack Woehrle
Hobie Wave #100, Tiger Shark III
HCA-NA 5022-1
USSailing 654799E
Alachua FL/Put-In-Bay