There MAY (just MAY) be chase boats

If you're going to quote me, get it right, it's not that tough.

My concern is the newbie sailors who will expose themselves to a uncertain playing field and the race organizers who let such newbies in the game.

Once again read the post I made about experience. Who has said anything about it being a "jump across the pond"? That's where I point out the fact that if you have little experience with these types of events, think about what you post. If you think the organizers will ALLOW newbies do it, then you're wrong.

When you understand the logistics, cost, man power and LIVES it takes to search for anyone you will understand. TILL THEN dont you call anyone here arm chair sailors. And NO I WILL NOT suck my chest back because you feel the need to say so. If something were to happen its THOUSANDS of miles of a search area, read my other posts and even the home brewed map I created.

Until I see you at a serious long distance event that requires open ocean navigation and skills, I will assume you are an "arm chair distance sailor" every time you post advise about the subject. I've read all your posts including the "home brewed map" I'm sure charts, GPS's and EPIRBS will be used in leiu of your map.

You have a lot of nerve to post what you just posted

Mutual feelings after reading all your posts about this.

Seriously do you have any idea what this race entails?
The risk vs gain to me is just not worth it.

Yes, that's why we do it. Obviously it isn't worth it to you. It's not for everyone thats for sure. Not knocking anyone who choses not to do it based on ther own threshold limit value for adventure, I just don't think they should be considered experts on the subject. Experts on plucking victims from the water yes, and I salute you for that but that is far different than preparing and actually doing this type of sailing.

Last edited by TeamChums; 12/23/09 02:35 AM.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.