Originally Posted by RickWhite
I am heading for Lake Tahoe a week from Saturday.
Mary and I skied in Whistler a number of years back before we did a sailing seminar at Jericho in Vancouver.
Nice mountain, what we could see of it. It was totally foggy the whole time. Not very steep, however.
And no powder -- I became a powder-hound after living in Vail for ten years.
Rick

I'm heading to Utah March 3rd. My first shot at white gold powder. I've been an East Coast (ice and rocks and fast grass) skier all my life so I am looking forward to falling and having to hunt in the powder for my ski!
Wanna join us Rick?

I was shocked to see all of those girls that *exploded* falling on the downhill course ABLE to get up the nerve to try it again in the Combined. Very courageous. These aren't powder puffs these girls. They are tough.
Nice to see the comraderie too. When Vonn fell the first thing her competitor wanted to know was "Are you alright?". Class Acts.

Last edited by bullswan; 02/19/10 05:21 PM.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan