I quess I'm a ol' fart now .... I perfer to ski smooth w/ style just carving nice turns ... fast but smooth!!!

I skied the downhill run at Whiteface the year after the Olympics where there ..... a tight, twisty run w/ lots of trees and rocks ... it was served at the time by a rickety old lift w/ a hand carved wooden sign .... EXPERTS ONLY: THERE ARE NO EASY WAYS DOWN!!!!

I managed to ski it safely ... slowly but safely ... they have since widened the run and put in a new quad lift ... nicer but it's lost that rustic feeling.

To Utah Bound: Where you going???? They're all great "hills" in Utah: Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, Alta( for steep go to the top left) Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley(try Stein's Run and the Turkey Chili) .... but if you want Aspens and powder .... go where the locals go .... Powder Mtn ... and if conditions are good, ride the bus(the locals will explain "the bus" ... it's a hoot!!!)

For a great dinner find the "Loco Lizard" in Kinball Junction or Salt Lake (two locations)!!!!!

I've skied lots of hills, almost all of Vermont, New Hampshire(love the steam engine at Loon), Upstate New York, Lake Tahoe, Jackson Hole/Grand Targue, Copper/Breckenridge/A-Basin .... but since I've been to Utah I haven't gone anywhere else ... also, sign up for the morning "Guide" services at Deer Valley or Powder Mtn(either free or a small fee, but well worth it!!!!)

Harry