Originally Posted by RickWhite
Agree with the Utah, Harry. Reason I moved to Vail was I was in entertainment, and they rolled up the sidewalks at dark in Utah.
My first gig in Vail was the Holiday Inn. The manager there also owned a restaurant on the other side of the highway called the Iron Works. He hired me to play there for the season, and after that I was glued to Vail. Lots of other gigs after that.
It was at the Iron Works that Tanya Tucker's friend Didi Kahn (sp?) came to see me play with the thought of going on tour with her, Tanya and Johnny Cash.
Dang! Never happened though.
Still, it was great -- ski all day, work from 5-7 and play all night. It was a tough life, but someone had to do it.

Neat part, when we got fresh snow my ski buddies and I were able to get in about 30,000 vertical of untracked snow per day. Just had to know the route. Had to get out of the back bowl after two runs or you would be stuck there for an hour wait in line.

Wow! That was fun. Looking forward to this week, despite it not being powder skiing.
Rick

Next week, Alta and Snowbird. Never been before but really looking forward to it. For Harry, I will ski today at Loon. We picked up about 9 -10 inches last night and its still snowing. Another storm on its way for tomorrow but this one looks like rain.

Did you see the poor girl in Downhill who came out of the gate, poled twice and fell over? 4 years of training for THAT! I think she came back for a silver in Combined but I'm not positive. Remember the old Wide World of Sports line...... The agony of defeat?

The speed skater had already won gold prior to this debacle though hadn't he? He is a moose! Huge!
Look at the quads on these guys. Even the girls except that one girl who was 5-7 and 130 lbs. And I think she won too.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan