It is all over, including the shouting. I am comfortable in a cushy hotel room with my family waiting for a 6AM flight back to LA. It was a pretty weekend and the wind was very challenging, but PRO Fairlie Brinkly did his normal outstanding job of course management - we got thirteen races in three days with highly variable conditions.

Some notable items:

• 1. GYC is great. I love that club and they always have a very warm smile for catamaran fleets. Great food for the dinner Saturday night and plenty of volunteers on the RC.

2. Give the SquidPig it's due. Karl has the loudest truck in the northern hemisphere and he could trade insults with that stupid dog hand puppet. That anchored monohull never had a chance.

3. Gordon Isco is a terrific friend. Many thanks for the use of his spare room again and for sharing some fine rum, un-freaking-believable stories and advice.

4. Matt By-God McDonald never, ever, ever gives up. You can roll him, hole his boat, flip him on the finish line, or snap his rudder - he and super-crew Gina just keep coming. He can start four minutes late and finish top five... at least twice in one regatta. If he'd been sent to Baghdad, we'd have finished up years ago. The guy is a tsunami. Hats off.

5. Taylor and Matt will be the best team on a catamaran in the World someday... soon.

6. Jill knows everything. Yes, everything. Don't question - just go with it.

7. Robbie Daniel is a good friend, coach and mentor. Tear his big toe off and he'll still be there for you. Even if you step on it later.

8. Go Pete! Thanks Pete and the rest of the excom for putting together the first F16 Nationals in the US. That first step is a hard one. This effort came off very nicely from a competitor's perspective.

So now, for me, it is bedtime stories for the kid and a hot shower for me. I think there are two Aleve in my immediate future.

Cheers

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.