Originally Posted by Farmer
That would be a very good start. This sort of what I'm getting at. From the outside, looking in, the Mosquito is an F16, its on sails, sailboxes, etc... belonging to Mosquito with spinnakers. So if you were to rock up to a regatta and sail I could see why you would be given the yardstick of 71 or whatever it is. Now, you've been to a regatta had to sail against Greg Goodall on a Viper and its not fair.

Now before I get flamed, I know its not a fair fight, far from it, but the Mosquito as a class and left itself open to this confusion.

THE FARMER
Flying 15
Mosquito
Taipan

I am sorry but I totaly disagree, there are no Mosquito's with spinnaker sailing around with anything but the Mosquito emblem in the regulation position for class insinia on the sail.

You can put what ever you like on the rest of the sail, I have known boats that have had Play Boy Bunnie signs, Pink Pigs and Kangaroos to name just a few, on their sails, but there was no confusion as to what class they where, as they also had their class logo in the correct position and they wrote their class on the entry form, as do Mosquito's with spinnakers.

As for trailers, mine has a F16 logo on it and I am not about to take it off, I am proud of helping the class get started and happy to promote F16. Mind you there are other stickers on my trailer, which I am also happy to have there. Gee that trailer started life as an A class trailer it too has history and I know of plenty of other trailers with class stickers from classes that are not now carried on them, I can not believe that people would use that as a reason for confusion crazy.

I say again, for 6 years it has not been a problem.