Originally Posted by Wouter

There is one already, and very successful at that.

Won class at Carnac etc.

Only 119kg though

Oh, and its 2 girls so therefore not eligible for the mixed multihull event

Yep, but Liz and Carolijn are on record (several times already) stating that they feel "light" on the (overweight = + 20 kg) Viper and are fighting in the breezes. They wished that they had a little more lard on the wire. Scores of sailors, as John says, have come to the same conclusion. From Matt/Gina to JC.

And that is why you are so full of it Macca.

You twist and turn everything to suit your own distorted world view and then truth has no longer anything to do with it. We all know that here and it seems high time that you yourself realize that.

Wouter

Wouter, You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that you are not on my team.

You constantly display an uncanny ability to turn any discussion into an attack on a person, however unwarranted it may be.

Now, let me pull your comments apart so its clear to all concerned that you are the one thats full of it:-

in the Carnac interview, Carnac interview
It was "quite windy" but they settled in quite quickly
It was the first time Carolijn and Liz had sailed together
Liz had not sailed a small catamaran for 5-6 years
Carolijn says the boat is quite easy to handle in choppy conditions
Carolijn says she was very happy with the performance of the boat through the whole wind range.

Now, in the interview there is no mention at all of the team feeling that they are too light for the boat.

And as you so proudly pointed out at the time, they won the regatta, so I guess being 119kg is not so bad (scored1,1,1,1,2,1,3) and all this was achieved with a fresh team with no training time at all prior to the event. Now imaging how an Olympic level team would perform after countless hours training?

As for the rest of your comments relating to the F20... You need to pull your head in on that subject until you can come in here and say that you have sailed (or at least attempted to) on the boat. Claiming that the boat has teething problems and is a prototype???? WTF!! there have been more than 70 boats built since march 2010!!!. And do you think AC teams would be buying them to train on and race if it didn't meet their high standards? in 2011 there will be more F20's competing as a class than F16 have ever had at events, all this within 12 months of release....