best response so far ;-)

I love how no one has ever thought, or at least spoken allowed, about putting in Kite surfing and windsurfing freestyle competition.

Skiing and Snowboarding have done it (snowboard cross, half pipe, skicross), I think it is time sailing gets with it and puts similar stuff in (kites could have big air, speed runs, or different style of racing, boards could have slalom like races, trick stuff, whatever they currently have).

Come on, lets make this fun. Heck, lets have slalom style cat racing, just pure speed with basic reaching like legs and lots of marks. I can imagine a race course that is a bunch of "slightly higher then a reach" upwind legs, then one kick butt downwind run, one loop, winner takes all.

Lets have some imagination....

Originally Posted by Wouter
In reply to guys like Henderson; I'm in full support for the following line-up of 10 Olympic events

Mens and Womens doublehander - F18's and F16's
Mens and Womens singlehander - A-class
Mens and Womens singlehander Heavy skippers - F16's
Mens and womens Match racing - Extreme 40's (use the same facilities as the paralimpics)
Mens and Womens (figleaf) monohull - laser dinghy. (But could be replaced in backroom deals by kite-surfers or foiling moth)

I guess we fully see eye-to-eye in that respect.

With kind regards,

Wouter