This is not mozzy specific - I have/am going through the process of getting my stingray sail to work for me (it is more about me than the sail)

Greg Goodall radically re-designed the sail which at the time did not meet class rules (but now does wink ) When doing so he spent a lot of time on the phone with me talking through the design... at that stage most of it meant little to me!

I sailed happily with it for a year - Then as I learned more (and other people started looking into/buying the new style) we have changed a few things - Probably by the time I get my next new mainsail it will be perfect (or at least I will think it is)

I guess what I am saying is that the sail makers making sails that work now will give you a good sail! I didn't have that luxury + I had asked for big changes anyway! Like the mozzy the stingray rig is a little unique as well! It has been/will be a good experience and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about sails and rigs etc... but maybe It would have been easier to have a sail that worked out of the bag!

Mitch

Stingray #579
GLYCish