Oh, didn't realize anyone was waiting grin

Had a lot more power then normal but I could flatten it out when I needed to. Not as flat as my uk sail but I found If I reduced rotation, tightened the foot and dropped the traveller 10cm I could drive upwind in 25knots steady as a rock with the boat hardly heeling any extra in the gusts, just accelerating. Pointed higher then the boats around me, a couple of degrees, and going a bit faster then them when they tried to point as high. In moderate conditions I can power it up AND point, different to both my other sails were its one or the other, makes getting through the chop a much more pleasant experience, boat doesn't seem to hobby horse as much either.

On a reach, tight or all the way out to boom at the end of the track, there is a narrow groove where it just takes off, I have a couple of telltales I have put on the sail, if I drop a small amount of downhaul and keep the telltales flowing then I need to be hanging onto something or I will get chucked off the back when it accelerates.

Running I have not got it sorted yet, vang doesn't work like my other sails, seems to choke it. I spent most of my time playing safe and just sailing whatever angle I needed to catch waves but I missed some I should have got and that bugs me. Definitely felt I should have been able to maintain my speed and sail a bit lower, certainly possible after watching you guys at the Nats. Its a good problem to have because thats a good excuse for a day after day of midweek sailing until I get it right, gee life sucks grin

So I am very happy with the sail, wish I hadn't been distracted with my other sails for all those years, looking forward to unlocking the rest of the performance from the sail. Never expected I could buy a stock sail with the various battens recommended by Lindsay and it would go this well from day one.

See you at the Vic states.

Darryn
Bullet