I sail Lake Winnipeg and Pelican Lake in Manitoba Canada. I grew up on Lake Winnipeg sailing a 16 foot Sea Spray. I still have her but just for sentimental reasons. Not much worth repairing.
I am self taught and love the water. I have nearly no fear and am used to gusty unpredictable wind. Nothing like a prairie tornado to stir up a lake in a hurry.
I want the fastest boat I can set up myself. I thought that would be a tiger but had never looked because it wasn’t time. It is now. I want to spend about 10K. I will never race this boat. If I go that way, I will reinvest in a winner.
Can I trailer an F-18 and set it up myself? I am 6 foot 200 pounds but over 40 and don’t want to put out my back to go for a sail. The more boats I learn about the more confused I get. I need to start with; can I get the boat set up and in the water by myself if I need to.
Is a used A-Class out of my range at 10?K in North America? I will travel to bring home the boat I want. There is a used 2007 Geltek for 17K on USACA. This might be the boat I want if I get obsessed but for now I just want fast, fast fast.
Sorry for the run on and thanks in advance for all advice

Rip and tear mend and repair, repeat