Originally Posted by TEH
I think the target market needs to be refined a little than what I am generally reading about here.

First of all, in marketing, its a lot easier to cross-sell a complimentary product (especially if it provides more of the right benefits) to people already buying than it is to non-users.

So I'd like to suggest two target groups of people aready sailing. First, current/past monohull sailors on the cusp of the primary age group - 45+. They have the willingness to sail and the ability to buy the more expensive boats. With kids getting older, they have more time as well.

The second target group would be the 15-25 group of monohull racers. You want to create enough of an impression to last them through their early family years.

I guess my poiint is increase your odds of a conversion by going to the sailing enthusiast. Some of the tactics preented in this thread are great, just target your offer a bit more.

Fantastic response. Spot on. I converted from keelboat sailing (owning) because I got so sick of handicap racing, and always being locked down in one location. We are having a ton of fun learning the cat, and the NW F18 fleet is growing quite quickly, with some fresh people joining this season from Acat and a keelboat (both long time cat sailors).

Anacortes Rigging.com
Rigging and Yacht Services