I get my crew to stand on the Main beam with a foot each side of the mast step holding on to a trap handle in each hand, as you walk the mast up they just lean back like a water skier, you'll be amazed how much easier and safer it is. Once the mast is up they then attatch the forestay while you hold the mast. You need strong non stretch line for the halyard, dyneema is fantastic but expensive, you may have a rough surface in the mast slot if so you can bend a kitchen scouring pad in half with a bit of detergent and go up and down the inside of your mast slot. I spray Lanox on my bolt rope. The other thing making it hard for you may be the amount of prebend on your mast. Have you tried leaving your forestay a bit loose, pulling your main sail up then tightening your forestay? Do you keep your mast slot facing downwind the whole time your pulling your sail up? Pulling the halyard can make the mast rotate which jams your boltrope. I have a loop in the end of the halyard and get my crew to put it on their trapeze hook then walk backwards straight downwind leaving me to feed the sail in. Enjoy your sailing

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576