Okay guys...
Last night I took down the mast from the trailer and set it on some saw horses. I took some lacquer thinner to the paint splotches and stickers and made it all nice and smooth and clean looking. Then I took some green pad and smoothed the slot for the sail and also took some cooking wax and kinda shaped it to fit inside the slot and ran it back and forth waxing the slot a whole bunch in an effort to get it a little easier to raise the mainsail. I also repaired the broken halyard cable. I cutoff the offending bit and re-inserted the clean end into the sail clip and then crimped on a cable crimp. I also re-ran the halyard cable thru the pulleys at the top and made it off to the cleat on the base of the mast and then tied the remainder of it in loops and tied that to a little ring on the front of the mast.

My mast has apparently the old style bar under the boom to keep the mast and boom inline. It has a short length of line and a pulley on it that I have no idea what it is used for. From what I understand this is supposed to be used to tie into some line on the boom to keep things straight... There are also two little tension cleats and some pulleys built into the forward crosstie that holds the hulls together. I am unsure what these are for? I know what the mast rigging looks like, I know now how to properly raise the jib sheet with the zipper on the forestay and then where to tie off it's halyard( I think) but the keeping the mast inline with the boom is beyond me right now. When we were out on that lake in the storm I noticed the mast was kinda sideways to the boom. I have been watching videos and looking at pictures of these boats on the net and none of them seem to be the same as mine. Mine is appartently an older late seventies model. It is in pretty good shape despite it's age but I need to get this sorted out so I can go out and enjoy it without causing any further damage to the boat.

It sure is a fun boat to sail and I really want to get it rigged right and I appreciate any help you folks can give me. Thanks and peace...

Pete

Nacra 5.2 on the lakes and rivers of East Tennessee until we move back to Florida!! Can't wait....!! peace