Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by PTP
I thought opinions were what was being asked about. Like I said, not being a tybee guy limits what my opinion is worth, but as soon as I read 'securing permits' for landing sites I, personally, surrender.
Wasnt the tybee 'cancelled' last year due to lack of interest?
Is a relatively non structured open water race on open cats a good thing for our sport?

I know - i thought the same thing too...BUT, if you're just hitting the beach to swap out crew memeber(s), I think you can probably do that under the radar without a problem. If you broke down and needed to spend more time on the beach, I can't imagine the law enforcement making you take your non-seaworthy craft back out into the ocean.

We have had some experiences having to beach in restricted access parks and such and it's usually not a problem if you have a good reason to do so.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the sailing rotations - what a challenge!

Canaveral and Camp Legeune would obviously be NO GO areas. For everywhere else, I'd think you'd be in and out before anyone could do anything.Plus you could plan where to swap out and the lower profile spots would make more sense. Like Jake said ,as far as repairs go I can't imagine being turned away.
Crew rotations and night time cape roundings were what I've been thinking about. Seems you'd need 2 solid skippers, with one being crew at times and a super crew. It'd definitely take some serious thought.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White