Colin and I are in 100%.

The specific rules don't matter we are down for whatever race gets put on.

As far as the type of boat, OD, etc. I think it should be as open as possible to encourage participation. There should be some upper limit so that a cruiser doesn't just do the race non stop. I'm thinking a big broad box rule ie less than 22 feet no cabins or engines, ok go. It needs some more detail, but I like the line of thought.

No lower limit. They did the course on hobie 16s in the past, why not again?

Todd is right no matter what its not going to be 100% safe, and that's part of the fun.

In the 2000-2002 Worrells there was quite a bit of sponsorship. Obviously it wasn't NASCAR, but there were sponsors. The sponsors dwindled after the Worrell died, I think largely do to the Tybee for a variety of reasons never being as well publicized as its predecessor. The Worrell was in almost every newspaper up the coast and I can remember multiple evening news stories.

Whatever race forms, marketing is the key, not just to the competitors, but to outside parties. Distance racing is cool and there is always plenty of drama. I haven't done a Tybee that wasn't full of great moments and stories, from both the racing and the people. Its a matter of getting those out to interested parties. If the world cup of handball can make ESPN 3 so can we.