I choose the Viper.

I agree with Jake that the Nacra 17 would be the best boat long term for all of the reasons he states.

But I think they are a day late and a dollar short. The boat is not tested and I find it hard to believe they could generate 50 bullet proof boats by the end of the summer...

The Viper is good enough sailing wise for a 4 year turn as an Olympic Boat, and AHPC probably has 100 boats or more around the world that could be acquired by a Mixed team relatively quickly to jump start the mixed multihull class and training. I think you can market the fantasy that the 16 footer would make a better Woman's boat then any other choice... so you would be feeding a woman's class with a Viper long term) (Viper because it can't be any heavier then a 470 to drag up the ramp) I don't think the ISAF will give a fig about the impact on an F16 class and it's impact.... They should but they won't.

ps
(If I were AHPC.... I would have a boat on the trailer with curved foils, tested and ready to rock and a dagger board replacement kit for any Viper in the field.)

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 02/03/12 01:03 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com