I pretty much agree with this article. http://catsailingnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/olympics-and-which-one-shouldnt-be.html
Nothing against H-16s ( I have one) it's just if we're supposed to be showing how badass multihulls are with the AC and it's world series on high tech multis being at the forefront, then the H-16 isn't the boat. If we are trying to project a more available boat with lot's of used craft on the market then maybe it is, but if you take ANY other Olympic sport, they are using the top equipment in that particular field. Rather it's bobsleds, javelins,skis,running shoes,curling brooms etc. they are using the most high tech in that sport for the Olympics. Why shouldn't we. You can twist it however you want but the H-16 is not high tech. On that note I'd bet it's what gets chosen. In the long run what difference does it make for non-Olympians? I just can't wait for it to be done so all the re-hashing of this in every new thread(Thanks Mark) will finally frickin' end.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White