While I was the Area D rep I was charged with selecting the PRO and judge (if I could get one) for the semi-final. I also was responsible for finding a host club for the semi-final, it would be nice if yacht club review info was available.

Ah... here we go again... YOU ARE NOT BUYING A STINKING SERVICE!!..

This is a partnership of all of the interested organizations....handled at the local level.

Yes, cats have run their own world for 40 years..(Can you point me to reviews of Cat Sailing Clubs and their performance) Yacht clubs have been doing this work for years as well.. They do this in partnership with the OD fleets and the various clubs in the area.

Even a casual observer of sailboat racing probably knows that St Petersburg YC is one of the most successful YC's in the states at running high quality events... Having trained national level PRO's and judges... they have a large amount of experience. Hell, they even wrote their own one design scoring program (St Petes scorer)...

THe F18 board says that they did a great job last weekend for the F18's and they want to host another event in December. They have also done A cat events in the past ....

Did you guys look up St Petes on the "consumer reports table" before you signed up???

The asinine request that there be a "consumer reports" on PRO's and Judges is more of the same attitude...

I will say it again... You are NOT BUYING A PRO Service or a Judge service. You are supposed to be forming a partnership of volunteers to further the sport.

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 02/22/12 03:04 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com