This is your spin John. You are not correcting anything!

They keep over half the sponsorship cash, and charge the host $50 per sailor.

How about "they lump a bunch of services together which cost money and charge an overhead fee of 50 bucks to pay for them..... across the board to all championships".

All I know is that a staff person has been on the conference calls for over 10 hours from 8 to 11 PM on a couple of occasions trying to keep the cats in line....

You were chair.... did you ever contact the other championship chairs and rally the other sailors around this perceived unfairness that US Sailing was getting the math wrong?

The overhead fee is what it is... Clubs bid knowing the deal.
Championship committee members see it in the budget sheet BEFORE THE CLUB FILLS IT OUT.

I have no idea what other championship committees think of the fee. Do you? Got any records you want to send over? Debating the fair market value of the stuff.... is a waste of time right now.

So... why the spin?

What is your goal here... make the conditions clear to the public? Drive an agenda? Cry me a river?

It seems that you want MS SOMEBODY to take on forming a new Multihull Championship. Find a sponsor... a group of volunteers WITH a Yacht Club or beach access and equipment to run an event. AND give the usual cast of characters a huge subsidy of boats and food for a regatta.... and this WILL be special. Actually sounds great to me. I would love to come. Let me know when the NOR is published.

Until then... Cut the spin crap.
It is not US Sailing controlling... it is a Commitee of sailors. It is a Yacht Club of sailors with an event proposal .. It is a PRO and Class Chair of sailors putting on an event.

The Championship committee is working on picking up the pieces of the 2011-12 Championship...Call Eric and Kevin for details. Final Details will be published soon. The minutes are clear and detailed.

We will BE WORKING on 2012-13 ASAP.

So... What is an elite sailor?
What is special about a championship?
What should One design Classes Do with the US Sailing Multihull Championship?

So far... I have heard:
get sailors to lend their boats and run the old program.
Get a big sponsor and work in the existing system.
Get a big sponsor and toss the system creating a new championship.
Borrow boats and get a manufacturer to provide new sails for the regatta and then resell them... for the marketing value of stickers on the sail.
???

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 03/28/12 01:11 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com