Wow... 19 -14...

That is much closer than I would have thought... given the consensus that the FX bid had developed in the comittee process..(10 to 2) if I remember... The FX is the biggest of the skiffs.... some worry that their small woman won't be able to push the boat... therefore... not competitive... 19-14 ... means it will be a real cluster on the multihulls.... The fubar that was the process has resulted in a 5 to 5 tie with the chair voting to 6-5..

I bet Pete Melvin would like these words back
[quote name='Tornado-Cat' timestamp='1336141327' post='3699435']
Pete Melvin:

"The F16 is on the small end of the scale for the crew weight range specified (120 kg to 140 kg) and, in our opinion, would be more exciting and challenging to sail for Olympic-caliber sailors if it had a more powerful sailplan. The F18 typical crew weights exceed the range specified by ISAF. The F18 is also quite a heavy boat for its length and could be made lighter, but the hull volume and surface area would be needlessly large for a lighter Olympic spec F18 platform.

So... the N17 designer says... Ah... we reject the weight range that ISAF called for.... Too light... Most of the F18 sailors can't play....
So.... WE WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM WE WANT.... Replace the F18 class with a lighter better faster boat.

You choose!

Place your bets.... ladies and gents... place your bets

(The little birds tell me that the US is voting N17.)

crac.sailregattas.com