Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by ksurfer2
If you run out of the Islander, could we stop the end of the first day at the Upper Keys Sailing Club? that would be a split about equal to where we're used to.

Actually, that would be a really nice run. It would be nice to start and finish at the Islander with all that space.

Rick, what are the chances this might be possible for this year?

I also agree with Tawd...having it one day is definitely do-able but it just wouldn't be the same. It feels like I get more return for my trouble with a two day sail.

It's doable if the conditions are right. It's by no means guaranteed, more like the opposite. I'd say out of the 10 or so Steeplechases that I've done, the full race in one day would have been doable on maybe a third of them.Once you go through the creek back to the ocean you're pretty much committed, there are a few pullout spots but not many, and in the dark would be rough finding one.
I'm not familiar with the upper Keys sailing club, but if they have the room and a landing spot that sounds like it could be cool.

Only 18 miles up the road between them and not having to leave the boats tied up in the mangroves overnight at Anne's beach is a bonus.

Jake Kohl