Originally Posted by mikekrantz
Allright boyz.

Who wants to put a bottle of fine rum where their mouth is?
If you don't know what a good bottle of rum is, I'll ask Gordon to give us a list of acceptable rums. (let me just say - Bacardi and the Captain aren't on the list)

Everyone donates a bottle of rum, and F18 winner collects them all...

I think Karl has the right idea, put in some money, because with this crowd of pansies the winner will end up with a bunch of bottles of spiced rum. Krantz would get it right and Ding definitely would but...
Here's a news flash for the rest of you REAL RUM IS NOT SPICED RUM. Spiced rum is for the ladies(Yes even Sailor Jerry,just harder core ladies)in the same vain that Southern comfort is effeminate (Not a REAL bourbon in case you are wondering).
Crap made in Puerto Rico is the Chinese equivalent to rum.It does make a good carburetor cleaner though.
This site http://www.ministryofrum.com/ can help you to become a better person.Repent now and learn the error of your ways.
I'm too broke to drink good rum regularly, so Cruzan dark is my choice. Seeing how this is the first time I've sailed my C-2 all of this probably won't mater a bit to me, but I feel it's my duty to right the wrongs in the rum aisle.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White