Originally Posted by pgp
How does one petition USS for a change in rules? Is it even possible?

The only serious incident I've been around since I bought the F16 involved a cavalier port tacker. That incident resulted in a destroyed boat and nearly a fist fight.

I suggest we remove ALL responsiblity to avoid collisions from starboard tack boats and see if the attitude of those port tackers remains unchanged. My guess is their judgement will be altered immediately.

Bad BAD idea. Back in the day it used to be that way or it seemed to be and I saw more than one the starboard tack boat take off the outboard of a port tack 4ksb and there were also some nasty t-bones that caused very serious damage and put people at risk. In no way is removing the no contact obligation a good idea. The rules are the way the are for a very good reason and they have the history to back them up!

Saying protest and taking it to the room is MUCH better way to deal with the issue.

For the record, if I have to wiggle to avoid you get a comment and a pass, if I have to do it again we go to the room, yes Beth I'm looking squarely at you. Ricky if it's you... yeah we're going to the room at the very least it will keep you from getting wrecked and being in a pissy mood the next day because you feel like crap.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"