Originally Posted by David Ingram
I'll just be sure to yell louder and earlier and give you friendly advice like "you're not gonna make it" or "don't go in there" you know becuase I'm a giver and Chris is pretty.

You're generous to a fault, Ding smile

Perhaps I should revise my strategy to stop your boat: get a pretty driver and push the port tack....

But back to Pete's suggestion. I would have to disagree and reinforce the "it's every sailor's duty to avoid collision".

When has a collision served to elevate the sport in any aspect (except maybe parts sales)?

This ain't a freakin demolition derby, especially at current boat prices.

I'll admit I've "hunted" a few port-tackers on the course or pre-start. If given total immunity on starboard as you suggest, I probably could have rammed a few people if I were so inclined to make my point that way.

Can you expound on the exact circumstances of the incident you describe? Was it a total miscalculation of the port tacker causing the collision? Which boat was damaged? What remedies were offered?

IIRC, if boats are involved in a collision, aren't they both required to retire? Would the exonerated boat then be given redress in the room?

Jay