Originally Posted by northsea junkie
So,

I started this topic with complaining about the winter and the cold in Holland and it all ended in whining and complaining about the hotness and humidity in Florida.

It was fun and I got rid off one or two stories and learned a lot.

Conclusion: the grass is always greener elswhere. There is no sailing paradise. Adam, our first man, definitly made the wrong choice.

About 10 years ago I contemplated a career change and a move to Florida so I could sail more. I was one of the last two candidates for an engineering position with a natural gas company and having had a background in gas service engineering, I was a shoe-in. The company was a satellite office run out of Port Saint Lucie and I was expecting a plane ticket for a final interview. That ticket never showed up and my calls went unreturned. The parent company had apparently been busted on $30 million in consumer fraud and was shutting down satellite offices as it restructured. A couple of weeks later, a hurricane came ashore centered over the same area. I'm glad that interview process took as long as it did. Had all of this taken place two months earlier I probably would have just relocated, then lost my job, and had to run from a hurricane. That was the last time I considered moving to Florida.

Jake Kohl