I always found the most challenging point of sail to be jib reaching in strong winds. We proved this extensively yesterday with klaxons ablaze and an epic righting sequence where we both ended up under the boat clinging to the dolphin striker with both hands while the boat happily reached off with uncleated main but cleated jib. Quite an experience that one. No more salty seafood food for me the rest of the week, I have had my fill!

We sailed with the main traveller out and main sheeted reasonably. Mast was fully rotated and some downhaul. I released the main after we stuffed and I had to hold on to the rear beam to try to save it but I believe sheeting out doomed us as the apparent moved aft. Jib was sheeted off a bit but still not enough to fly properly.
Boat is set up for upwind/downwind with not enough sheet to sheet the jib out properly for this course. Waves was short and steep. Wind in the region of 20knots with fairly more in the gusts.

When transitioning from upwind to downwind we always have to pass through jib reaching and reaching before the spi can be set.

* Now, what are the latest tricks on an Infusion to avoid going down while jib reaching?

* Any new tips for how to handle the transitions?

*How the heck do you re-enter an Infusion with style from the water with all the rounded surfaces and nothing solid to hold on to. Our re-entry yesterday was.. interesting and left both of us with lactic acid sprouting from our ears.