Originally Posted by samc99us
Originally Posted by Jake
need more info on that "righting triangle"...sounds interesting...not familiar with it.

Jake see the top picture here for a photo: http://www.microwindracing.com/boat.html

I'm still not sure where the ends of this tie into the front beam? Do they get compressed between the beam and the hull, i.e remove the beam to install, or are you tying to the dolphin striker-beam connection? Also I'm not familiar with how it's actually used, I guess just yank but that looses you a foot of righting moment compared with going over the top of the hull...might be fine for you >150kg boys but we're down at 138kg so need everything we can get to pull that beefy Infusion mast free.

Speak of pulling free, how do ya'll right the boat with the spinnaker up in a race situation? I.e if you wipeout downwind I've seen guys get the boat back upright without stuffing the chute back in the tube. I've never managed to get upright without stuffing the chute back in the tube, a time consuming process.

Thanks a bunch for the trap line trick to get back on the boat will give that a go next time we're upside down.

My a-cat just had eye straps riveted under the beam and the line passed through those with a big knot on the end. To right the boat, you grab the knot at the top of the beam and pull the line through the eye strap until it bottoms out on the other eye strap on the other (now the lower side) of the beam.

I haven't been able to right the boat with the kite out either - I usually uncleat it and pull the dousing line where it's accessible on the bottom of the tramp to just get the ball of the spinnaker at the hoop.

Jake Kohl