Originally Posted by Darryn

I think this is more of an attempt to increase the number of boats that use a spinnaker then to increase Nationals numbers.

The spinnaker has been around for a long time, those who wanted one have had plenty of opportunity to get one but most haven't.
Darryn
Bullet

Geez I have been a bit busy lately (had a great sail against Nick both of us with spinnakers last Sunday) so haven't been on the forum for a bit, but I can't let a blatantly incorrect statement like this go with out comment.

As can be seen in posts since Darryn's quoted above, there are Spinnaker Mossies all over the place and for many of the newer Mossie sailors it's one of the reasons they are getting in to the class, not all currently have spinnakers but many aspire to. Spinnakers aren't for everybody, but that is the great thing about Mossies, everybody has a choice of what rig they want to sail.

In contrast to Darryn's assumption, I have raised this topic to try and increase the number of Sloop rigged Mosquito's sailing, as at the last Nationals where all rigs sailed (the first ever spinnaker Nats) there where more Spinnaker rigged Mossies than Sloop rigged and I think that the Sloop is and has been a great way to introduce young people to cat sailing and I don't want to see it dissapear.