Originally Posted by Kryptonite
Originally Posted by Darryn

It's just not worth driving a third of the way across Australia for a one and a half day Mk1 Nationals. What if one of those days has no wind or is blown out?

hi darren,
not sure who u are, but i have been sailing mossies the past couple of years and have not seen you at a nationals. it seems to me that not even a 5 day regatta is enough to get you to sail... So what is??

I have sailed for 36 years, in the last 15 years I have owned 4 Mosquitos, sailed in 7 Nationals and raced my Mozzys in Townsville, Wagga, Victoria and SA. I think that gives me the right to state my opinion.

Rivoli Bay my tow vehicle was damaged the day before the event, I had already payed my race fees and accommodation, was very disappointed not to attend and it cost a bomb.

Paynesville I decided not to race, most lakes don't interest me, no ocean/large swell to surf, dirty water, crazy wind.

I am not sure how to answer your question so i will say this. I always plan my sailing based on location, format and weather, I dont just jump in the car and go.

I will continue to read what is proposed for future events and if I dont like it, I wont be there, its simple.

I am the only person on the forum who isn't keen on what is proposed so how about we just agree to disagree and move on.

cheers,
Darryn
Bullet