Todd - Here is one source (there are many others) for the "January 2014 4th warmest on record" statement - http://www.businessinsider.com/january-global-record-temps-2014-2

While I was in Australia in January/February, the news was all about the heat wave in South Australia - temps in Adelaide were in the high 40°C range (that's way over 100°F). Meanwhile in Detroit, they were getting slammed with more snow and cold. Like I said, weather (local, short term) is not climate (global, long term). And until you recognize the difference, you'll never understand that local extremes (both hot and cold) are a result of a warming climate.

Yes, the ice cover on the great lakes hasn't been like this since 1979 - but that's not that unusual. Last year was completely the opposite. Humans have very short memories when compared to climatic and geologic time. Climate change (whether man-made or not) tends to happen over time periods greater than one person's lifetime.

But you are woefully ignorant if you think the world has not heated up in the last 15 years:
[Linked Image]

I don't wear politics or religion on my shirtsleeves (I prefer to think of myself as a scientific method agnostic, if you must know), and while I appreciate the gesture, I don't need you to pray for me - but go right ahead if it makes you feel better.