Originally Posted by Timbo
Originally Posted by brucat
I'm very confident that the solutions already exist, and it sadly is all about the money.

But, while we're already on the wish list portion of the discussion; who else is stunned that there isn't a remote control override available yet? After what happened on 9/11, and seeing what the military drones can do (remotely flown from under a mountain on the other side of the planet), I'd say this is long overdue as well.

Mike

As I said earlier, the satellite coverage would have to be increased to have a comm link with every flight. Also, as the Iranians proved a couple years ago, they can hack a remote control system and take over a drone, and land it in Iran. It would only be a matter of time before some goofballs hacked a remote control system to take over a flight and land it elsewhere, hold it for ransom, sell it back to the owners.

Think Somali Pirates, but taking airplanes full of people, instead of big ships.

Ummm, yeah...no. I'm up for a $1,200 spot tracker (which is about 10X our cost) mounted in plane in a manner that is really tough to disable that broadcasts an id,lat,long,heading,and speed every 2 minutes. Seriously....that's not that much data.

Jake Kohl