Originally Posted by brucat

If you read my prior post, you'd see that I am very open-minded about this matter (the process, not the rule). If this is how the class wants to operate, that's perfectly acceptable. Other folks here (not H16 sailors, BTW) seemed to disagree with the call. I simply provided info on how this should be handled if there was a lingering dispute.

It would probably help you to stop dismissing everything I say as a liberal H16 sailor who couldn't possibly understand anything. The Hobie class rules have a "no-loophole" clause, which I personally take more seriously than others I have observed. For example, running trap shock lines through a grommet in the tramp wasn't specifically allowed, but was being done locally before the factory started building them that way. To me, it wasn't spelled out and shouldn't have been done without a rule change; others thought it was no big deal because it didn't make the boat faster. They said it was done to keep the traps separated, therefore making maneuvers easier. My point was, if there wasn't an advantage, why were all the top guys doing it? Again, I have no problem with a rule change, but it needs to be done properly, and until it is, loopholes should be treated as the enemy.

Mike

We're a bit sensitive aren't we. Don't know where you got liberal from and are you not an H-16 sailor( that's the only class you refer to from personal experience) which is a strict Single manufacturer one design and NOT a development class, therefore you do not have to deal with such issues as rather the rudders count as hull length if they are outside of a 3" arc, or rather the curve of your foils extend beyond a .75 meter measurement from the centerline. You do not have to try to read attacks into all of my posts, if I attack you it will be abundantly clear. Jeeeze, take a Midol.
p.s. I sail/own a Hobie 16 and an F-18 also, so I'm fully aware of how different class rules operate.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White