I sent the following message to Rick:

Rick,

There has been some discussion about the Steeplechase venue and the difficulties the current venue presents. Anne's beach has become increasingly more difficult for the sailors and ground crews and with the permitting issue we are keen to find a better solution than what the current course offers. The option that seemed to be accepted by the interested teams was to start and finish at the Islander Resort with the Saturday stop over at UKSC. We would sail north on day one reversing the current course. I've been in contact with Ginette Hughes at UKSC and they are onboard with a couple minor conditions. There is a $15 per head fee to keep the boats at UKSC overnight this covers insurance and temporary club membership (Ginette please correct me if I got that wrong). We cannot bring our own alcohol onsite but the club bar will be open and available to us. I haven't spoken to the Islander but if this is something you'd be willing to get behind I suspect the Islander would be happy to have us.

Please let us know as soon as possible what you decide.

David Ingram

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"