Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Formerly Undecided
Originally Posted by David Ingram
I kinda like my android :-) Gramps is tracking, my house is doing .8 knots.

I absolutely love my Android phone - its superior to any Apple product in every way shape and form - and it works just fine for displaying these tracking pages :P

To each their own. Part of my problem is probably that Samsung does their own thing with the Android OS. My Bluetooth pops and skips when playing music in my truck (the current Android update is supposed to address that but Samsung is still f'in with their version of it and won't release it until next year sometime). The phone will occasionally ring and if I happened to be doing something at the same time the call came in, the screen freezes up and I'm stuck listening to a ringing phone and no way to answer it. Same thing happens sometimes when trying to hang up a call and I can't hang up. When I hit the back button inside the messaging app, it acts like the master back button on the face of the phone and will take me completely out of the messaging app instead of up a level inside the app. Yeah, I know, jailbreak it, load other messaging apps, etc. etc. ...but I want my smart phone to be a smart phone - not another hobby.

And then I proof read that and scare myself with how much that sounds like something Gramps would post.

We all have technology horror stories.

My iPhone 5 that I have to use at work (it sits on a dock on a desk and it has exactly one app installed) has to be rebooted every 24 hours or else my bluetooth headset refuses to connect when receiving a phone call (placing a phone call is fine mind you). The stupid pop up windows on it are directly over top of the "End call" button so if you manage to be a half second late hitting "hide" then it hangs up on the call instead.

Anyways. Your back button complaint is a common one - the functionality isn't properly implemented by app developers everywhere. There are literally 10,000 messaging apps on the play store that you don't need to root your device for..

Sorry for the topic divergence. I'll go back to playing with my Moto 360 smartwatch now (that I'm developing sailing apps for) :P