Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by Jake
This gives me another thought too. I had intended to pack my flares in a drybag on the rear trampoline storage bag. I could set that drybag up as a bit of a ditch bag and put in a few spare water bottles, rope, etc. Hmmm...I wonder what I would want to have in that little bag.

Dye marker, signal mirror and the inflatable orange sausage divers use. It rolls up slightly larger than a cell phone.

You're carrying water/food in your camelbak, right? So maybe redundancy in the ditch bag.

Some cash in the ditch bag is probably a good idea, too.

I guess the remainder of contents would depend on how far you intend to wander in the boat... Maybe a backup PLB? Flashlight?

Most of those sausages are designed to be filled with air from the scuba tanks, I believe...and I'm not sure how much they would add to your visibility from the air (I presume this would be the primary means you get spotted?)...dye marker and signal mirror are definitely good things.

The "safety sausage" is known as a Surface Marker Buoy. They can be inflated by either free flowing the regulator into the base or it also has a manual blow up stem.

Surface Marker Buoy on Amazon.com

USA 777