FWIW, I agree with Bob. Portsmouth numbers and mods already exist for handicapping existing boats with any mods they use. Why come up with a number for a boat that MAY be built? It is hard to believe that someone would want to build a boat to the F-14 rule, then decide not to only because there was not a Portsmouth number assigned for all F-14s already! If you DO insist on an F-14 handicap, then as a race organizer interested in fair handicaps for all, I want it to fairly rate the fastest possible boat that will come from the box rule but as a Mystere 4.3 owner, I do not want to use that number as it would not be fair for my boat (which I believe is the fastest production boat available as an F-14). So forget about an F-14 rating. The current Portsmouth rule is fine as is for individual boats and when there are enough F-14 compliant boats together at a given event, we can race one-design as F-14s.

Please keep in mind two very important points:
1) As Bob already wrote, Spring Fever conditions were very light and not a valid comparison of relative boat speeds. Remember also that more than one boat was rigged like Bob's and were sailed nowhere near as fast as Bob's.
2) In the U.S. at least, the main idea of this effort was to get existing classes together with some relatively easy and inexpensive mods to make one-design racing. If someone wants to start from scratch they should be able to build a significantly faster boat with the allowable parameters than what already exists in the existing production classes, even with mods. (considering the A class as a guide, it should be possible to produce a lighter boat - under 150# - all up, with twice the sail area!) We will have to address that disparity if and when enough boats exist to make it an issue, but we do NOT need an F-14 class Portsmouth number!